Monday, November 22, 2010

Hat Skit - Hearts at Home National Conference



I love this skit, it is exactly how I feel most days. I saw Karen Ehman two years ago at the Hearts at Home Conference. Funny thing is, I never imagined life would be quite like this. In fact, I kind of thought it would be much different. If someone had asked me 20 years ago what my life would look like when I was in my 30s, I would have said, ...I thought I would live in a big city. I would drink coffee on the train commuting to work while glancing at the financial section of the New York Times. I was never going to be married. I thought I would adopt a child from another country.I thought I might change the world in some extraordinary way.

Instead, I live a crazy, unpredictable life. Doing far more than I ever imagined I could. And the far more is a whole lot of ordinary things. And some days, I get really tired and discouraged that it is not some extraordinary world changing thing -- like cure cancer, find a way to feed all the starving children in Africa, or bring world peace (you know all the reasonable goals that every young person strives for). BUT, then most days, I realize that the extraordinary thing I get to do is take care of these little people and make them ready to take on this world.

3 comments:

  1. You are changing the world in a very ordinary way. Ordinary rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hysterical! I have never seen it before...loved the cow hat LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer- I agree whole heartedly!
    Theresa- Have you ever been to a Hearts at Home Conference? We should get a group and go, it is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete