Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Top Ten Books I Have Ever Read (well in the past 5 years)


Did I mention that I am a bit obsessed with reading? If not, I am, it becomes a problem at times because I "live" in books. For example, when I was reading the Twilight series and was out running, I would frequently be on the look out for vampires. I think books, particularly fiction has this amazing gift of actually changing me. Sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad. Stories are a gift. I am currently reading four fiction books at the same time, one by myself, one with my children, one with my husband, and one just here and there. I actually got my husband to read with me, which is SO exciting, although he doesnt love my book choice, he lets me read while he sketches (he is an artist...professorpaint.blogspot.com). It is a bit of quality time for us. So... Here are my Top 10 Books I have read (in the past 5 years) -- I am sure I read others in High School/College, but I think I should read them again

1. Mark of the Lion Series by Francine Rivers -- I think this series is THE MOST life changing series I have EVER read in my life! You should read these books!

2. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory -- Only because it made me realize that history can be interesting.

3. Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy -- I just really loved this book

4. The Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah -- I think one of the only books that has ever made me cry!

5. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult -- One of the first fiction books I read that made me realize the power of fiction to make me think and give a viewpoint without being in your face

6. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak -- Wonderful, interesting, creative! I loved this book! I want to read it again, now that I am writing it on this list

7. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini -- I think anyone who reads this book would put it on their top 10

8. The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer -- again a book that I just really, really enjoyed reading

9. Still Alice by Lisa Genova -- a book that gave me perspective on something I did not know I wanted perspective on -- alzheimers

10. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer -- this is kind of silly to me, but these books made reading fun, not life changing, not really intellectually stimulating, but fun!

There it is, my top 10 books! That was harder than I thought!

This post is submitted to Top Ten Tuesday's at Oh Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I love lists like this!! We have a couple loves in common (Philippa Gregory, Jodi Picoult) so I look forward to checking out some of the others. Right after I take this ginormous stack of decorating books back to the library... (I go in fiction, non-fiction cycles...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a lot of these books. The ones I haven't read are on my mental 'to read' list...

    ReplyDelete