Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Top Ten Things I Said I Would Never Do...

I have this list in my head, this idea of who I want to be and what I want to do with my life. Amazingly there are some things I said I would never do with my life. My husband would probably find it hard to believe since I want to do just about EVERYTHING! But... this is the list of things I would NEVER do
1. Homeschool...
I am now on year four of homeschooling

2. Have 4 children...
Two sounded about right-- well until I had one, then I wanted 12, so 4 seems like a good compromise

3. Bake my own bread...
I have not bought a loaf of bread in several months, and I have an excellent whole wheat bread recipe if interested

4. Sew Clothes...
Have you seen project runway?!?! How can I not! (this one I am not that good at though- I hate following directions)

5. Can fruits and Vegetables...
This one has stuck, and I think it will, BUT I did make my first batch of strawberry jam last summer and CANNOT wait to do it again this summer!

6. Be a Homebody-- "I am a Stay-at-home mom that doesn't really stay home"...
I honestly no longer feel trapped if I don't have a car (unless I accidentally clip my daughters finger tip in effort to clip her finger nail)-- I LOVE to be home

7. Drive a White Car....
This one I cannot help, I do not think I was clear in my, "go ahead I trust you with the car situation" when sending him off to get a car, because in my head, people just do not buy white cars, well, unless you are my husband.. we have 2

8. Write a Blog...
ummm... it just happened, actually, there is a long story behind blogging, and I still fight myself over this one about every two weeks, but I am still doing it!

9. Read Blogs...
ummm...again, it just happened, BUT there are so many interesting people out there that can write, craft, story tell better than I... with different life experiences and SO many book recommendations. I had to give this one up!

10. Grow My hair to my waist and start wearing jumpers...
not that there is anything wrong with this, but I really have to draw a line somewhere, so if you see me start doing this, cut off my hair, and take me shopping, PLEASE!

As you can see I have stuck to hardly any of my "things I will never do list," unfortunately my "things I want to do list," is about the opposite... oh well, I need something to aim for.

This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesdays at Oh Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I love this list. I can relate, as I also have a list of things in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete