Monday, September 17, 2012

My List

I have finally started reading One Thousand Gifts.

I tend not to just read what everyone is reading... I think it has something to do with not wanting to have my expectations crushed, AND there is something wonderful about discovering a new book, kind of like a treasure.

For whatever reason, I have put it off. I have picked it up and put it down several times over the past six months. But FINALLY I am reading it. And it is lovely. The words seem to be written out of life, as if they themselves have breath, not just facts or stories on paper, but real actual breath.

"I may have always known that change takes real intentionality, like a woman bent over her garden beds, every day with a spade and the determined will to grow up something good to strengthen thy heart." Ann VosKamp One Thousand Gifts

And with the intention of growing something good in my heart, I am starting my list....

1. My man who adores me and is quick to show it in action and words.

                                                                 2. Chubby cheeks that puff up when pouting

3. Fingers and toes that long for kisses

                                                                              4. Giggles that follow the kisses

5. The smile of my son.

6. The tongue that pops in his cheek when he is so happy he might burst.

7. The stories of my daughter who lives in her imagination

8. Watching my girls hold hands as they walk ahead of me to take on the world, together

9. The squeal of excitement when my son realizes he actually learned something!

10. The patience of may family when mine has run out.



No comments:

Post a Comment