Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Days of "Things I Have Learned from my Children.." Look


This post is written for Five Minute Fridays over at Lisa Jo Baker's blog. 
The rules are you get the word from her blog then write without editing(this is REALLY hard for me) for five minutes then stop and hit publish. Then you link up...


and then you go and absolutely comment on the post before yours.
So the word this week is ...
Look

Start

She is smiling from ear to ear all decked out in her fancy pants and shirt, her purple fuzzy boots her hair done in cute pig tails and nails freshly painted by her sister. She does not even have to say it, she wants me to look, to see her.

And I do, I look and I see her, but I see past all the cuteness to a little girl who longs to be noticed by someone. And I am happy to fawn over her, but also worried about what lies ahead for all my girls who want someone to look, but more for someone to see them, to notice them.

And is not that what we want in life, from people, to be seen? And yet each day I drive by people in need, people wearing their purple boots and perfectly picked outfit in hopes that someone will notice, will see them.  But I do not I am so caught up in my world.

Sometimes I do not want to look because they are not wearing really cute boots, and I am afraid they will think I am staring or being rude, but am I seeing them? I look away because I am ashamed and unsure what to do.

They need me to notice though, to see them and acknowledge them. AND to look at them as more than a need or cute boots, but as a precious child created in the image of God.

Stop

2 comments:

  1. What a gift God has given us mamas to be able to see important truths and challenges such as this one through our children! You have spoken of something I believe we all struggle with, and I love how beautifully you put it. ~Kelly from exceptionallyavg.com visiting from Five Minute Friday

    ReplyDelete