Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Interruptions

Life is full of interruptions. The moment when things seem to be going smoothly, maybe even falling into place, out of nowhere it changes. Something unexpected happens or comes along and I have to choose what I am going to do.

Twice today I heard the word, "interruption."

I heard it this morning in one of those moments where you feel your face grow hot. I watched a video that asked, "Have you ever been in one of those situations where you thought there was no one else in the room, like the person is talking to just you?" I listened as she talked about following God when things do not go exactly as planned, when life is interrupted.

Then I read what Ann Voskamp wrote on "A Holy Experience" today:
   
  "When you named Him Lord, you gave Him right to your life on His time: Every interruption is a new work order from God."

I just said a few weeks ago to myself that "life" seemed to be falling into place. Life was settling down, not perfectly, but school was back in routine; friends have been established; we are aware that we are blessed. We are thankful for our blessing.

But then, two weeks ago, the stirring began again. The need to move to keep going and walking in faith. To not get too comfortable in the day to day. And the little boy I read about eight months ago kept coming to mind. I thought maybe I would just see if he was still available to adopt. He was. No one wanted him. But I did. I do. We do. We want him.

I had a dream about him two nights ago. I approach him to pick him up. He had something covering his face. I lifted it it up. And he smiled the biggest smile. I woke up overwhelmed again with love.

Interruptions do not always make sense.
To the world sometimes it will look foolish.

This adoption thing is something God has grown in my heart for years. I always wanted to adopt. But I continue to doubt, to question if now is the right time, or if we are the right people. I always come up with a reason why today is not the day - a reason to wait.

And why? Maybe we are not the ones to do it. We have four children already. There are plenty of people that want just one child. I should adopt locally, I ALWAYS thought that was what I should do. And we should wait until life is less messy.

But, God's timing and ways are perfect, and now is the time that He is moving.

I am linking up to A Holy Experience

2 comments:

  1. This post gave me chills! Beautifully written and lots to think about here. Life is always messy...it's just varying degrees of messiness.

    Perhaps this situation isn't about figuring it out or having all the answers. Maybe God can handle the details and messiness, and you can just relax and follow.

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete