Monday, March 11, 2013

I am not going to change the world...

I am not going to change the whole world or fix all the problems of all children. 
But maybe I am going to change the whole world for this one child.


Maybe I can do that. 

I hear a voice in my head frequently, "How can you just pick him? There are so many kids right here that need homes and families. There are children all around the world that are hungry and sick, children that do not have warm clothes and live on the street or have been sold into slavery." It's true. It happens and it breaks my heart. Sometimes I think it is just too much. 

How can I even try to make a difference because one person is not going to change the whole world. 

But, one person can maybe change the whole world for one child.

Is that enough? I do not know. But there are people changing the world for one person or two people or more. People who are being brave and stepping out of their comfortable worlds to actually make a change in the world of someone. People like Katie who, at the age of 22, has adopted 13 daughters. She is living out what Christ has called us to do. She may not feel brave, but taking steps of faith take courage. Or people like Lee Jong rak who built a dropbox because he knows life is precious, and he could not stand by and say it is too much. 

There are people adopting ten or twelve children with special needs. Children that the world has said are worthless. Children that are PRECIOUS to God. Children that need a family to love them.

Matthew 25:40 "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you,whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

"ONE of the least of these..." 

We are not going to change the whole world. I cannot change the world by myself. But maybe I can change the world for this one child.

A video worth watching...


4 comments:

  1. You are changing the world, not only by fighting for the little fellow, but by showing others what can be done. By getting involved. What you are doing, not everyone can even imagine trying to do. We all make a difference by helping others, you are simply making a bigger difference than some of us ever will.
    I continue to pray that this thing you are trying to do works!! For the sake of that one little boy who needs your love and that of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, Thanks for the encouraging words, but there is no way we are doing this alone, all the people praying for us and helping us with the financial costs are helping this one little boy. I am really thankful!

      Delete
  2. I am a very proud brother. Stay strong and keep doing what you are doing. It is changing the world.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete