Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Waiting and Praying and Celebrating with Hope!

I have been overwhelmed! I wrote a week and half ago about our waiting and waiting. And a few weeks ago I wrote about the cost of adoption. And we asked for prayer. As a Christian, I absolutely believe prayer makes a difference, but so often it is my last resort. And then God answers prayers and I am reminded how this should be my first resort.

First I want to share a perspective that I find amazing. A friend of mine has been going through the adoption process. He and his wife were one of the families adopting from Russia when the government shut down all adoptions and their story is again not one for me to share, but a story of lots of hope and disappointment. Moments with a lot of "why's." Two times the children they planned to adopt or host were adopted elsewhere. But my their mom said something to the effect of, "But look at how many people these two girls have had praying for them." Things did not turn out as planned, but these two girls may have never been prayed for. Wow! Thousands of people praying for these two little girls that were nobody's. Faces in seas of faces. An orphan without a voice or a person to be their voice. This couple was their voice for prayer. And what a change that will make in their lives in the long run. They were covered with prayers from thousands. And I believe THAT will make a difference.

So please keep praying for these children without voices!

And prayer works. These requests for prayers that we made, God has shown up so big. We got our final homestudy approval last week, and received the notarized copies yesterday. I-800a application was sent off today, and the rest is being sent to be notarized this week. We still need prayer that this takes on the shorter side of things, but I am waiting and praying and celebrating, with hope!

AND did you see the little thing on the side of our blog that says how much support we have raised? If you have been keeping track, you will notice that it has almost doubled. Our church has been amazingly generous. We have been humbled to be part of a church that lives out their faith in loving orphans, in particular our Hamilton. But also in just helping those in need. They seem to give with faith, seeking wisdom, but knowing that God will continue to provide. And we are humbled and thankful and without words.

So keep praying for the paperwork and for Hamilton. God is working and hearing these prayers!

Thank you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you! Praying that USCIS breaks a speed record on your approval!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had noticed that the fund had almost doubled. How wonderful! I pray for Hamilton every day.

    ReplyDelete