Monday, September 30, 2013

It is time for 31 Days Of....

It is that time of year again... the 31 days of! There is this thing over at the blog The Nester where you blog on a topic for 31 days. That is right, every day you write. And, last year I wrote 31 days of "Things I have Learned from my Children." I loved it. I learned during that month and over the past year, that I do like some discipline in my life. The accountability of actually sitting down and writing because I said I would do it, even if no one is actually reading is good for me. Because as a mom, with days that go on, laundry that is always being done, and put away and needs to be done again, it seems no one really notices if I actually accomplished something in that day. Yes, moms accomplish lots in that day, but sometimes it is hard to tell even when you are the mom accomplishing it all, and looking behind you to see, it does not really look any different. Well, writing is different. It is there, an accomplishment, a goal that can be seen and that is why I am writing again this month. Not because I really have time to fit one more thing in my day, but because I have find time to fit this in.

One year ago, we had just moved to a new town, starting a new job and we were starting to get back into the normal of life. I never imagined that a year later we would be here in the middle of one of the biggest steps of faith we had ever taken, and so completely sure of it being where we were meant to be. This thing has taken over quite a bit of my life... this thing called adoption. SO, this month, October, will be thirty one days of Adoption! My hope is to cover some of it, probably not all. Some of the bumps of the journey, some of the fears, some of the things that I have learned and where our family is at on the journey. BUT I also hope to talk about some other families adopting, my world has gotten a whole lot bigger with this journey, and we know so many people walking this journey with us! AND, I want to talk about the kids, some of those who are waiting. There are thousands, and my prayer is maybe God, will work in some hearts to move maybe even just one family to take a step of faith. And I want to give faces to people to pray. These children are not known and not prayed for, they are often alone and hungry, and I know that God can meet them exactly where they are at, so I am hoping I can share some pictures at least some stories of children who need someone to pray for them. AND finally some of it will just be the practical stuff of adoption, grants to apply for, fundraising hiccups, talking to family, etc. I think I probably could write for one hundred and thirty one days on Adoption. I would love if you would join me, and read along for 31 Days of Adoption!

Day 1: Introduction to 31 Days
Day 2: So Far the Scariest Part for Me...
Day 3: The Hardest Part...is the Waiting
Day 4: Fundraising and Adoption
Day 5: My Favorite Blogs on Adoption
Day 6: A Little Bit More of a Fundraiser
Day 7: A Few of the Differences
Day 8: We Got It!!!
Day 9: Adoption Grants


 photo AdoptionButton_zps81a798ae.png

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I'm doing 31 days of Adoption as well!! I love what you said about hoping to cover some of it... probably not all. I told my husband the other day to remind me every few days that this doesn't have to be the end all information source for those wanting to adopt. (I love to research so I can get overwhelmed by feeling like I have to cover it all) Love that you're doing this too... It will be refreshing for me to read another adoption advocate's blog!! praying for you in the coming days and weeks! And Here's to getting that fundraising thermometer all the way to the top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you stopped by! I look forward to reading your series as well!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing this! My husband and I recently felt a call to adopt (we're young and haven't even tried to have biological children yet) but there is SO MUCH need in this world! We know very little about the process, though, and I'm excited to learn anything and everything you have to say!
    I'm doing a wayyy less important 31 day topic but you can check it out here if you'd like :) www.dearmushka.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie your topic looks SO interesting! And I hope this will be helpful to you:) We are just in the middle of it all!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to reading your series!

    ReplyDelete