Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Discouraging Week

This week has been SO discouraging. I know that adoption is hard. I know that it is complicated. But sometimes, it just more than I know what to do with! I have no idea why it is so difficult. Why there are so many roadblocks. I know that there are things put into place to protect children from being put in horrible situations. I know this. I just do not know how to keep sane in the midst of it all.

The country we are adopting from has had some disagreements about signatures. At some point they decided that they would pass everyone who had been waiting on to court. We thought we were in that group. I celebrated. We have been waiting quite a while, not as long as some, but long enough.

We were waiting for court. And last week, a lot of people got court dates. My heart was so torn as I celebrated with people I only know through this adoption world. People on this same path who have been waiting as long or longer got dates. But we did not. I held on hope, maybe this week we would hear. But more court dates were given. We still did not hear.

I finally asked my case manager if she was sure we got a signature. She said it was possible we did not. She asked the organization we are working with there. They said "No, we do not have a signature." And we are back to waiting. Back to praying that our little guy holds on. Praying for signatures. And then a court date.

I know that God's timing is perfect. I KNOW that God loves our little guy more than I ever could. I know there could be reasons. But I also know that we live in a world full of people, broken people that do not make the best decisions all the time.

There was a possiblity, maybe today we would get a signature, as of now we still have not heard.

Please keep praying for things to move, for mountains to move to bring this little boy home. Pray for peace in my heart as I wait. I am so thankful for everyone who has prayed with us on this journey. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment