Friday, March 8, 2013

Home




Five Minute Friday is when you spend five minutes writing on a word (Lisa Jo Baker gives a word each Friday) and lots of people write their thoughts on that one word. The Rules are... you write for five minutes without editing, and then publish it. And then you absolutely comment on the person before you who wrote.  So here is today's...

Home

Start
Talking last night, we share the hopes for our children, the ones we dream about with faces that are clear. Our hearts long to hold them, but we know it could be a year or more before they are held. And we hope maybe just months. We talk about home. I realize as I speak, that my little boy, the one I dream about at night, may not even know what a home is. He may not know what a mom is. Is that possible? Does he not know what he is missing or even know that a home is normal. And my heart aches more, and fear creeps in just a little wondering if he will want me as much as I want him. I know it will be a struggle and home will become a new home as faces change and life changes. But home is where my family is. Years of moving and life changes, I have always known that home is where they are, the ones I love. And I cannot wait to share with him what home is, to make our home his home.
"I wish he was here now," David says.
"Me too," we all whisper.
Watching over and over the few minutes of video we have, wondering, praying for this child. The one we want to bring home.
I know they want him as much as I do.
We want him to know home.
I am thankful for a home, for a family to love and cherish, to laugh and hold.
Stop

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post Heather. I can hear your heart in the words. Hoping for you that your boy is home soon! So glad I stopped by from FMF!
    ~Sarah from http://sudryandspecific.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Sarah! Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Dear Heather,

    I pray that you bring him home sooner rather than later. That the Lord gives you peace in the waiting, preparing you, your husband and family for this child who will be joining you. Thank you for sharing from your heart!

    Blessings in Christ...Susan

    ReplyDelete