Thursday, June 20, 2013

Waiting and Waiting some more

I have been waiting to write a post. Hoping and praying that when I wrote, maybe I would have news. News like, we received the copy of our homestudy! News like we have sent off for the I-800! Some news. I waited and waited. And nothing. Our homestudy is still being written. It has been read by a few people, they have submitted some changes/additions. There is still more that needs to be done. I was so sure by now it would be done. But it is not.

And I feel like we are running out of time.

We have just six months to get everything submitted, and can apply for a one month extension. But our time is getting very close. And the I-800 takes time.

We are getting ready to go out of town for Nathan to work on a film, it will be about five weeks we are gone. Five weeks that are going to be tricky. Because during those five weeks, our six months runs out and we apply for a one month extension. And we pray that it all gets done. It seems impossible. With all that we have done to get down to paperwork and waiting.

And Hamilton is waiting. He does not know yet that we are over here working to bring him home, to bring him to our family. But he is waiting and I worry. Over the past few months, stories that are not mine to share, have shown me that the lives of these children in these orphanages are fragile. Since we started this process, we have heard of two children that have not made it. The families were working to bring them home, but they went to their home in Heaven. And I worry like any mom, that we will take to long, that this child I love already SO much is in need of a mom and dad and sisters and brother will grow weary in the waiting.

So, I am asking for prayers. Prayer that God will move this mountain. That paperwork will go through governments that are slow. Prayer that the money will come in that needs to. And prayer that Hamilton is cared for until we get there.

Thank you so much for taking time to pray with us and be part of this journey with us!

4 comments:

  1. You have my prayers, Heather! My Dad worked in international adoption for 25 years - I have seen miracles happen and children placed in their permanent families when the obstacles seem enormous. Praying you get to bring your sweet boy home soon, and that you have peace while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for Hamilton every day that he is well and can soon join his family and brother and sisters. Heavenly Father, please watch over Hamilton and help the family who loves him to make through all the red tape and bring that little boy home. Amen.

    ReplyDelete